Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Frosty Mornings



Here are some photos of the hoar frost from a couple days ago. It is such amazing stuff and creates such beautiful scenes. Here we are approaching the end of January, the days are definitely noticeably longer, but it sure is cold again. -29 C again this morning which is getting a bit tiresome, would be nice to go outside and be able to enjoy the sunshine instead of freezing your buns off! :-) I am feeling like it has been winter for an eternity, guess it sorta has since we got snow that stuck around the beginning of October! Plus we had no spring last year either, snow and super cold into the end of May. Sure hope it is nicer this year.......am so looking forward to long, sunny, warm days and green leaves and grass! At this point, dust is even welcome....LOL

5 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Oh man! I am so with you on that! enough already!
I keep telling myself how pretty it is ...not working

greymare said...

Yeah I'm with you. I like the snow but the cold and then the warm just screws everything up. I'm with FV's little foal's words, I'll just keep digging till its spring. At least the sun is out longer and higher in the sky.

Anna Larson said...

Totally agree with you. We just finally got a small patch of dirt to peak through the snow and guess what? It's snowing again. I'm really sick of snow.

Helena said...

Finally got some snow here in Greece, too. Didn't last long. Now it's just cold and wet.

Stacy said...

I agree 100% this winter has been awful. Can't wait for warm weather and to be able to ride again.